The Governor of Rivers State, Nyesom Wike, has set up a six-man Taskforce for emergency relief measures to support flood victims.
Members of the Task Force on Flooding are:
1. Dr. George Nwaeke, Permanent Secretary, Special Services Bureau (SSB) in the Office of the Secretary to the Rivers State Government (Chairman)
2. Mrs. Inime I. Aguma (Secretary).
3. Hon. Hope Ikiriko, Chairman of Ahoada West LGA
4. Hon. Vincent Job, Chairman of Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni LGA
5. Hon. Chukwuemeka Onowu
6. Director of Administration in the Ministry of Special Duties.
The appointment takes immediate effect.
All members of the Taskforce are to meet with the Governor in Government House, Port Harcourt by 10:00am on Thursday, 13 October, 2022.