US President Donald Trump on Tuesday welcomed the possiblity of North Korea’s willingness to talk to the United States about giving up its nuclear weapons.
Seoul’s national security chief Chung Eui-yong had earlier disclosed that North Korea is willing to give up its nuclear weapons, after an unprecedented talks with North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un.
Chung said Pyongyang expressed willingness to talk to the United States “in an open-ended dialogue to discuss the issue of denuclearization and to normalize relations with North Korea.”
Trump, on his official Twitter page said possible progress is being made in talks with North Korea, adding that for the first time in many years, a serious effort is being made by all parties concerned.
He added that the world is watching, stressing that the U.S. is ready to go hard in either direction.
Possible progress being made in talks with North Korea. For the first time in many years, a serious effort is being made by all parties concerned. The World is watching and waiting! May be false hope, but the U.S. is ready to go hard in either direction!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 6, 2018