Headline

Tinubu Fires Back, Says Atiku Still Nursing Electoral Defeat

President Bola Tinubu has said the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party in the 2023 election, Atiku Abubakar, is still nursing electoral defeat.

Tinubu said this in reaction to a statement made by former vice president accusing him of fiddling amid some security and economic challenges “is to say the least, reckless.”

Concise News reported that Atiku slammed Tinubu on Tuesday following the killing of two traditional rulers in Ekiti State.

According to Atiku, Tinubu was acting like a Tourist-in-Chief away in Paris while Nigeria drowned.

In response, the Special Adviser to the President on Information & Strategy, Bayo Onanuga, said the former vice president’s statement fell short of what’s expected of an elder statesman.

The statement read in part, “Coming days after he made an equally reckless allegation against the President on the crude for loan deal for NNPC Limited, his latest statement fell short of what is expected from an elder statesman.

“We like to believe that Alhaji Atiku is still not nursing hangover of his electoral defeat and now latches on any issue to attack President Tinubu.

“President Tinubu did not travel without informing Nigerians of his whereabouts. He announced a private visit to France and announced a return date.

“While in France, President Tinubu has been following developments at home and he is on top of the situation in the country. Today’s inauguration of the Tripartite Committee on National Minimum wage bore his imprimatur .

“He is in constant touch with his officials and security chiefs and has directed them to stamp out every form of criminality in the country.

“He has particularly ordered them to apprehend those criminals responsible for the murder of two monarchs in Ekiti State and the kidnapping of some pupils in the state.

“We are already seeing results with the arrest of over 139 kidnappers around Abuja, Kaduna and Benue States in the last one week. The police Special Intervention Squad (SIS) and DSS have also rescued 154 abducted persons in the last few days.

“Just last week President Tinubu approved N50billion as Special Fund to address some of the lingering security challenges in North East where Alhaji Atiku hails from. To cope with the kidnapping challenges in the FCT, President Tinubu also approved funds for the acquisition of equipment to track criminals.

“If Alhaji Atiku is really concerned about security issues and not playing cheap politics, he should have known that President Tinubu is on top of issues and working hard to restore peace to every part of our country.

“Our security agencies are working very hard to bring the security situation under control. President Tinubu is giving them all the necessary support they need to win the battle against criminal elements and secure every inch of our country.”

Related Articles