The National Security Adviser, Babagana Monguno, has said the security situation in the country does not warrant alerts and travel advisory issued by the UD and UK.
Speaking with reporters after a security meeting at the instance of Buhari at the presidential villa on Monday, Monguno said the Nigerians are not in danger.
The NSA urged Nigerians to go about their lives, adding that the security agencies are putting measures in place to forestall any attack.
This is as President Muhammadu Buhari stated that security had been beefed up since the July prison break in the country.
The President had said, “However, it does not mean an attack in Abuja is imminent. Since the July prison raid, security measures have been reinforced in and around the FCT. Heightened monitoring and interception of terrorist communications ensure potential threats are caught further upstream. Attacks are being foiled.”