Following the recent developments in the Kano State Chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, the National Working Committee (NWC), after careful deliberations and extensive consultations, on behalf of the National Executive Committee (NEC) and pursuant to Sections 29(2)(b) and 31(2)(e) has dissolved the State, Local Government and Ward Executive Committees in Kano State with immediate effect.
In their place the NWC is approved the appointment of the Kano State Caretaker Committee to run the affairs of the Party in the State for a period of 90 (ninety) days beginning from today, March 29, 2022, pursuant to Section 24(2) of the PDP Constitution 2017 (as amended).
The Members of the Kano State Caretaker are as follows:
1. Alhaji Ibrahim Atta — Chairman
2. Alhaji Ibrahim Aminu Dan’Iya — Member
3. Hajiya Ladidi Dangalan — Member
4. Hon. Aminu Abdullahi Jungau — Member
5. Mukhtar Mustapha Janguza — Member
6. Abdullahi Isa Sulaiman — Member
7. Barr. Baba Lawan — Member/Secretary
The PDP urges all leaders, critical stakeholders and teeming members of our Party in Kano State to remain united and focused for the task ahead.