Fed Cup: NFF Confirm Ifeanyi Ubah In Final, Sanction Crown

Fans protest a disallowed goal in a semi-final game of the 2016 Federation Cup between Crown FC and FC Ifeanyi Ubah at the Ahmadu Bello stadium, Kaduna.

The Nigeria Football Federation have confirmed FC Ifeanyi Ubah’s place in the final of the 2016 Federation Cup.

This comes after the football house found Crown FC guilty of improper conduct in the abandoned semi-final game between both sides.

The body has, therefore, ordered the Ogbomosho club to pay N200,000 as fine for disrupting the game.

The game, played in Kaduna on September 29, was abandoned in the 87th minute when the referee Audu Ibrahim disallowed a goal scored by Yakub Ahmed of Crown, while his assistant adjudged the goal to be good.

The disagreement between the referees angered the Crown FC supporters who then encroached the pitch in protest.

Disciplinary Committee’s findings

The NFF said it took the decision after a meeting of the federation’s Disciplinary Committee which deliberated on the petition tabled before it.

“The decision was based on the submitted independent reports presented before the committee as well as the committee’s interaction with the match officials.

“These included, match commissioner (Mr. Bege N. Kwasau), referee (Audu A. Ibrahim), AR1 (kabiru Adamu) and AR2 (Abubakar Yusuf).

“The match officials were found to have acted unprofessionally in their conduct during the second half of the match,” the committee said.

And the judgement

It said that based on the above, the committee ruled that Crown FC shall forfeit the match for encroachment resulting in the disruption of the match as provided for in Art. 3.11 (A).

“Therefore the score at the time of disruption (i.e Crown FC 1 -2 FC Ifeanyi Ubah) stands.

“That Crown FC is hereby fined the sum of N200, 000 as provided for in Art. 3.11 (A).”

Match officials also charged

The federation said it found the match commissioner Bege Kwasau to have acted unprofessionally and was subsequently,  referred to the NFF Match Commissioners Committee for disciplinary action.

Also, the referees were found to have acted unprofessionally and have been referred to the Referees Committee.

They were also barred from officiating any match until the outcome of the committee’s decision.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *