Desist From Spreading False Rumours, Nigerian Army Warns
By Ogbolu George with agency report
The Nigerian Army has warned some of its ex-personnel to desist from sponsoring numerous campaign of calumny against it on social media or be ready to face the conequences.
Director, Army Public Relations, Brig.-Gen. Sani Usman, gave the warning in a statement on Saturday, in Abuja.
Usman said the ex-personnel had been making unfounded allegations about the payment of troops operation allowances, rotation in the North East and comparing the troops pay to neighboring countries.
”The fabricators are most probably being sponsored by the categories of people that frustrated themselves out of the army and political self-defeatists.
”They are clearly sentimental and lack knowledge of the Nigerian Army of today,”he said.
Usman said investigation are ongoing to fish out the mischief-makers and when they are found they would be dealt with in accordance with the ”extant provisions of the military justice system.”
He advised soldiers that are aggrieved with the Nigerian Army to apply for voluntary retirement or discharge, as the army cannot afford to have disloyal or disgruntled members.
Meanwhile, the army spokesman also said that families of fallen colleagues were being given adequate attention commensurate with established terms and conditions of service.
”The Nigerian Army has an elaborate exit plan for all officers and soldiers involved in the fight against Boko Haram terrorists in the North East this year, subject to operational exigencies.
”That is why all efforts must be geared towards mopping up the remnants of the desperate terrorists still bent on causing mayhem wherever they can,” he said.